We are seeking a mechatronics / mechanical engineer with significant expertise in:
- Development of products that include simple motion control mechanisms using pneumatics and servos.
- Overall product packaging design, development and manufacturing readiness.
- “Cool” industrial design abilities to make our products look modern and finished.
- Manufacturing support including development of drawing packages, BOM, assembly instructions, testing, etc.
- Packaging of cables, connectors and electronics for stain relief in a high stress and dirty (dusty) environment.
- Engineering of mounting solutions for rapid installation and takedown of our products.
- Overall product performance improvements for smooth, quiet operation.
- Working closely with our embedded software developers for hardware / software orchestration.
Skills and background:
- BS or equivalent in mechatronics or mechanical engineering.
- 3D modeling using CAD applications such as SolidWorks.
- Experience developing and testing mechanical systems using pneumatics.
- Ability to to package electronics, cables and connectors for a high-stress, dusty environment.
- Ability to plan, implement and run accelerated life testing to put our mechanical products thru millions of actuations/iterations.
- Plus, if you have experience and expertise with writing patents and supporting the patent process.
- Plus, if you have experience and expertise with circuit board design and embedded software development.
- Plus plus, if you are that rare individual who can bridge across mechanical & computer hardware, and software effortlessly.
The Company is well funded and has strategic partnerships with the leading companies in our space, in tech and hospitality. All of our team members, partners, advisors and investors are big fans of the sport we are transforming, so that is a hard requirement for anyone who joins our team. For the right person, this is a dream job – tech, sports and entertainment all in one.
If you are a top engineer looking for far more challenge and far more fun in your career, we invite you to contact us.
SOME ON-SITE WORK REQUIRED
We believe in the flexibility of remote work. However this role will require some physical access to our R&D facilities in the Seattle and greater area.
This position reports into our CTO, who was a software engineering leader at Google pre-IPO. He is a dynamic engineer with a huge passion for the sport that we are transforming. To apply for this position contact [email protected].